Re: Singly, The Locker Project, and Telehash, and More

Jeff Sayre wrote:
>> On 19 Apr 2011, at 00:26, Jeff Sayre wrote:
>>> On a related note, I get the feeling, from the little time I've spent on
>>> the Federated Social Web IG to date, that most of the time when WebID is
>>> brought up, people gloss over.
>> I don't get that feeling. Rather my feeling is that there is not much
>> movement
>> on that list right now (or perhaps I am not listening to the right
>> channels).
>> Good WebID based demos should be what ends up convincing people, and I
>> really want
>> to produce a few such for Berlin.
>
> Perhaps I'm placing too much weight on interactions I've had with a few
> members on Twitter regarding Social Web issues. That might be clouding my
> judgement with respect to WebID's reception on the Fed Social Web IG.
>
> Either way, you are correct, Henry. Having a solid demo for the Berlin
> gathering is key. The next several months will be a critical time for our
> efforts.

Or perhaps not, find the middle grounds and take the bull by the horns,
bring WebID to the projects of the various federated-xg members
projects, show it working with them all (and having worked with them in
the process) and well, really, what else is there to do? At that point
WebID would be in, supported, and adopted by a huge chunk of the open
social web - job done.

There's the current approach that'll work with the semweb enabled social
web, and quite easily a WebFinger+XRD+Poco approach, just get them
working and in these projects, not demos, and the value has not only
been shown, but it's been utilized - could spur both groups and the web
in general, forwards by a good year or five.

Just a thought - I would add though that there's no point trying to do
all that for X date, but it'd certainly be viable over say 8-12 months.

Best,

Nathan