Re: Joint Steering Committee for the Development of Resource Description and Access (RDA)

All

The correct title of the organization known by the acronym JSC is "Joint
Steering Committee for Development of RDA" (no "the" and no expansion of RDA).

The correct title must be used in the final report, I think we'd all agree.

The correct title of the resource known by the acronym RDA is "RDA: resource
description and access", so the acronym is spelled out as part of the correct
title. In most standard document styles, the first reference to RDA should
therefore be: "RDA: resource description and access (RDA)", with the acronym
"RDA" used thereafter.

But apart from the reference to JSC, the acronym RDA does not appear in the
final report until Appendix A, and only appears once. So there is no need for
the acronym to be given in brackets for subsequent citations, as there are none.

So I suggest that the text is amended:

1. In the body of the final report ""Joint Steering Committee for Development of
RDA (JSC)".
2. In Appendix A "RDA: resource description and access".

I do not think it is necessary to expand the RDA bit of the name of the JSC.

Cheers

Gordon