Re: issue 6401/6661: combined proposal

Attached is a modified version of the proposal. It includes the following
edits:
1 - added ref to RFC3987 - per Ram's note
2 - fixed the poorly worded sentence in A2.1 - per Ram's note.
3 - added the A2.2.1 text Gil sent below.  Not being there seems cause
some concern/confusion so I took the liberty of adding it back in - plus
it seems pretty straight-forward.
4 - added "in Section A.2 and A.3" to section A - per Li's note.
5 - In the last sentence of A.2.1: s/EventDescription/EventDescriptions/ -
just minor typo.

concerning some of the other points:
- Ram's comment about the cardinality - I can live with the current stuff.
If it becomes a problem we can open a new issue later.
- Li's edit: "These <add>Events and</add>Notifications MAY be described
via a Web Services Definition Language..."  is not quite correct.  WSDL
describes the messages that flow over the wire.  In this case the messages
are Notifications not Events. While its true that Events are usually
someplace in the message, the WSDL may or may not describe them.  For
example, in a wrapped notification the WSDL has nothing that describes the
Events at all - its just an xs:any in a wrapper.  We can discuss this more
during the next call.

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Gilbert Pilz <gilbert.pilz@oracle.com>
Sent by: public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org
08/26/2009 04:34 PM

Ram Jeyaraman <Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com>
cc
Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "public-ws-resource-access@w3.org"
<public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>
Subject
Re: issue 6401/6661: combined proposal

For the Binding for Unwrapped Notifications, I suggest using the text that
I removed from a previous proposal:
The information about an Event Type contained in the wse:eventType element
binds to a Unwrapped Notification for that type as follows:
The [action] property of the Notification has the value of the actionURI
attribute of the wse:eventType element corresponding to the type of the
Event being transmitted.
The [children] property of the Notification's Body element has a single
child element. This child element is an instance of the Global Element
Declaration referenced by the element attribute of the wse:eventType
element corresponding to the type of the Event being transmitted.
As I stated on the last concall, I only removed the above because that is
what we agreed to at the F2F.

As for MIME types, what is wrong with simply using "text/xml"?

- gp