RE: ISSUE 3564: Optional Assertions may not be usable in all cir cumstances

As you have no doubt noticed, there is no notion of direction in WS-Policy.
Thus, you cannot make the distinctions that several of you have made re.
requirements and capabilities.  This has bothered me for some time now.
I guess the solution is to explicitly identify policies as being from a provider
or requester or, in other words contains requirements or capabilities.

If we agree to this then we can also make policy matching more precise wrt input and
output messages.

All the best, Ashok