Re: Policy expressions with no wire manifestation

Hi

Can you please elaborate a bit more on what you mean.
I was actually advocating that assertions with no associated behavioural requirements (to entites which may consume them) should be marked with wsp:optional so that not to limit services' reach which may be using such assertions and the only actual proposal was for that guidelines for policy authors be amended acoordingly.

Have you interpreted my message differently ? If no then what problems do you see with using wsp:optional in cases like this ?

Thanks, Sergey

  I can see some advantages and disadvantages to this. I like and agree with the intention. However, as William pointed out, this can be accomplished already, albeit in a slightly skewed way using wsp:optional. But obviously that should prevent us trying to fix a perceived deficiency in the specification. Unfortunately I think this could be a major can-of-worms, worthy of its own specification!

  Mark.