Re: Policy expressions with no wire manifestation

Hi Maryann, others

this is most helpful...

"I would note that if you're "using the assertion for selection", it could
imply that you know what it is."

Ok, I think I start understanding it (fingers crossed :-)). A requester runtime may be required to select services which are highly available. It expects providers to advertize well-known <oasis:HighlyAvailable/> assertions. If a provider advertizes a policy which have no <oasis:HighlyAvailable/> assertions then the intersection will fail. I think it's reasonable.

Now consider a different case.
A requester runtime has no priori policy requirements. However it understands all well-known security assertions but no others ones. It has found a service which requires that a requester supports some security policies.

Futhermore, a provider wishes to advertize some of its capabilities, namely that it's the best service around. A requester does not know yet about such assertions and is not even planning to use assertions like this for services selection.

How would we do it ?

Like this  ? :

<wsp:Policy>
   <wsp:ExactlyOnce>
      <wsp:All>
         <!--- security assertion -->
         <sp:HttpsToken/>
      </wsp:All>
      <wsp:All>
         <!-- capability assertion -->
         <oasis:QOSGuarantee>
            <TheBestServiceInThisCategory verifiedBy="..."/>
         </oasis:QOSGuarantee>
         <!--- security assertion -->
         <sp:HttpsToken/>
      </wsp:All>