From: public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Philippe Le
Hegaret
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 8:39 AM
To: public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org
Subject: Re: Agenda: WS-Policy Editors' Conference Call

Asir wrote:
> 1.    Walkthrough - merging files using Eclipse (Philippe?)

I included a bit on that in
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/eclipse/eclipse.html

Asir, you also suggested that using the oXygen XML editor is better than
using the default XML editor. Do you have a pointer to the license?

btw, Toufic is unable to use Eclipse properly since his Eclipse is
refusing to recognize when a file changed. So all CVS operations, except
checkout, don't work in his eclipse. (and yes, we did reinstall entirely
his eclipse in order to try to fix this). I'm at lost in understanding
why. Maybe an outdated JVM?!?

> 2.    Protocol for check in

Regarding the HTML files:
 since those files are generated, you want to avoid having conflicts
when trying to check those in. So, before trying to commit, always make
sure you have the latest version by using "Replace With", "Latest from
HEAD", then regenerate the HTML files, then commit. If you catch
yourself with conflicts for the HTML files, you can also choose the
"Override and Update" option in the Synchronize view.

> 4.    Change log

btw, there is a way to generate the change log out of the CVS log. See
changelog.xml and changelog.xsl. In fact, we have an ant task especially
for that but it requires to have an external cvs command to work. It
won't work by default on Windows system (ant is an external tool for
Eclipse, so it doesn't reuse the CVS command builtin in Eclipse).

Philippe