From: Arthur Ryman [mailto:ryman@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 3:27 PM
To: Jonathan Marsh
Cc: Bijan Parsia; Dan Connolly; Henry S. Thompson;
public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org; public-ws-desc-comments-request@w3.org
Subject: RE: simple case of IRIs for Components in WSDL 2.0

Jonathan,

We don't have any test cases for the frag ids yet. However, if we do add
them, I don't think this implies we test Dan's proposal since it is very
problematic and not part of the spec.

Isn't it the case that if users want to use simple fragment ids, they
can add an attribute of type ID to the element they want to reference?
That is allowed by the WSDL 2.0 schema. Wouldn't that we the correct
normative interpretation? The XPointer Framework calls these shorthand
pointers [1].

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/#shorthand

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Sent by: public-ws-desc-comments-request@w3.org

09/13/2005 05:23 PM

"Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>

cc

<public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org>, "Bijan Parsia" <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>,
"Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>

Subject

RE: simple case of IRIs for Components in WSDL 2.0

Since component designators aren't used internally by WSDL I would guess
we would not conduct tests of them, indeed I'm not sure what that would
mean.  But the WG hasn't discussed this yet.  I'll try to bring it up
when we move to CR.