From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Yalcinalp, Umit
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 12:38 PM
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: The description of wsdli:wsdlLocation attribute is limiting
(Editorial Item)

Dear All,

I was reading the current draft of the WSDL 2.0 core spec. There seems
to be some disconnect in the current drafts. Check out what the
wsdli:wsdlLocation element definition says:

The type of the wsdlLocation attribute information item is a list
xs:anyURI. Its actual value MUST be a list of pairs of URIs; where the
first URI of a pair, which MUST be an absolute URI as defined in [IETF
RFC 3986 <file:///\\l%20> ], indicates a WSDL 2.0 namespace name, and,
the second a hint as to the location of a WSDL 2.0 document defining
WSDL 2.0 components for that namespace name. The second URI of a pair
MAY be absolute or relative.

I am under the impression that we were NOT going to limit the use of
this to WSDL 2.0 documents, and WSDL 2.0 components so that it can be
used for WSDL1.1 documents, in particular by WS-Addressing.

It seems like an editorial item that did not get incorporated into the
spec which should be fixed.

Thanks.

--umit

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20.html?cont
ent-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#wsdlLocation-aii