RE: Issue 59 alternate proposal

[mailto:public-ws-addressing-
> request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Yalcinalp, Umit
<snip/>
> Our proposal specifically defined how the request-response would use
two
> distinct HTTP connections, 202, etc.

<snip/>

I think it's standard practice to call how a request response uses a
protocol including the protocol status codes a "binding".

My concern with doing away with MEPs completely is exactly shown by this
proposal.

Without any kind of protocol/lower level MEP, it is impossible to talk
about what happens with request response without talking about a
particular binding, in your case SOAP HTTP.  In a binding extension that
controls interaction patterns like usingAddressing, you end up either a)
not talking about meps/bindings/protocols at all, which is very
unusable, or b) talking about a specific binding/protocol, which is
highly undesirable from a re-use, layering, modularity, and
"well-factoring" perspective.  Well factored and modularized design of
specs is one of the tenets of the Web Services architecture, or at least
so it's been said.

Cheers,
Dave