RE: Reference Parameters resolution

Hi Eran,

I'm not a member of the WSA working group, but I think I can answer your
question. Any headers in the SOAP request that have a
wsa:Type="parameter" attribute correspond to reference parameters from
the EPR from which the WSA headers were derived. Reference parameters
are xs:anys and so would be represented using DOM Elements, SAAJ
SOAPElements, or some other generic representation of XML elements. If
you wanted to be agnostic to any particular binding technology, you'd
have to represent the the ReferenceParameters as java.lang.Objects.

Fyi, I'm planning on rewriting the WS-FX Addressing impl in the August
timeframe to be SOAP platform neutral, to transparently support multiple
versions of WSA, and to closely follow the APIs being drafted by JSR261.
I'm sure you probably need something for Axis2 before then, but I hope
in August we can discuss Axis2 leveraging and contributing to the WS-FX
implementation, so we don't have redundant implementations. I am even
thinking that the generic WSA impl could be moved into the new
ws-commons project.

Cc'ing general@ws in case other WS committers have any comments or
suggestions.

Regards,