Re: Why is [message id] required for requests but not for other messages?

I would like to clarify that the existing reliability specs do not use
wsa:messageId for their protocol.

both ws-reliability
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/WS-Reliability-CD1.086.pdf

and ws-reliableMessageing
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/specification/ws-rm/

use a sequenceID, SequenceNo pair to identify a message using their
protocol.

Tom Rutt

David Hull wrote:

>If [message id] is to be leveraged for uses other than correlation,
>particularly duplicate elimination and security, wouldn't those
>considerations apply at least equally well to non request/reply
>interactions?  If not, what is the basis for requiring [message id] for
>requests but not for other types of message?

Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133