RE: Why is [message id] required for requests but not for other messages?

If the draft minutes are accurate, some of us voted to make [message ID]
mandatory, others to make it optional at all times, but the bulk of the
WG voted to simply 86 issue lc86.  I don't know what more to
productively say on the topic at this point.