RE: Issue 019: WSDL Version Neutrality

That is what I was getting at ("null"/not meaningful). There are two different things here

-- whether Action is required or not.
-- What its value must/should be

Even if the Action is required, it is possible to define a meaningless Action (aka "null"). As far as I understand your proposal, one would not be required to constrain the Action values to URIs for message reference components, but would be recommended to.

>Basically, the use of addressing will give people the ability to
>fulfill the operation name requirement, but I think that it will only
>fulfill it if they use it to provide useful information, which the
>implicit value does.

>Cheers,

Thanks for the clarification,

--umit