Re: Issue i020 - Addressing and WSDL

David Orchard wrote:

> [...]

Yes, WS-MD reuses existing WSDL elements/types where it can and
leverages WSDL attribute/element extensibility where necessary.

> Does your question effectively
> argue that the relevant portions of WS-MessageDelivery should be used as
> the basis for the relevant portions of the WS-Addressing specification?

No.
This is specific to whether we need new syntactic structures for
addressing OR whether existing WSDL elements/types can be repurposed for
addressing (if they serve the same purpose).

For example, WS-MD also defines mappings to WSDL MEPs/operations.
WS-Addressing is also defining those mappings. I'm not suggesting that
WS-Addressing should define such mappings in the same/similar way as WS-MD.

A bonus from such a reuse is, stacks that already understand WSDL
elements/types don't have to do a whole lot more.

At the very least I would like to understand the rationale for/thinking
behind inventing new syntactic structures.

HTH.

-Anish