RE: Another way of thinking about EPRs

Gudge,

I understand this view, but I struggle with it. If EPRs are a way to
communicate what headers a receiver wants in an endpoint, how does it relate
to the other mechanisms for specifying headers? I'm willing to ignore the
WSDL header mechanism because it sucks (in 1.1 at least, I don't know about
2.0), but an EPR can carry a policy, which can also specify headers
indirectly using either the generic "use this spec" policy assertion or a
specific assertion from a language like WS-SecurityPolicy.

In fact, I've often wondered whether we need another generic policy
assertion which says "use this header targeted at this actor". One aspect of
that could be fixing the content of the header, but it would be just as
useful or more useful to leave it open. That would let you say, "I need a
<serviceLevel> header with the sender's service level, but I don't want to
fix what it is."

But that's a little off topic. What I really want to know is how, as a
service developer who wants to require headers, I would reason about ref
props, ref params and policies.

Thanks,
Tim-