Re: Issue about TD - how can we describe the RESTful interfaces

Hi Jonathan,

What you are describing I would call hypermedia controls, similar to forms, for describing how to interact with resources.

There are a number of interesting serializations to look at, including Hydra, which *is* JSON-LD for describing APIs, but also HAL, RESTdesc, JSON HyperSchema, and RAML.

Some mapping of the elements to JSON-LD is very close to what I presented for protocol bindings in August (see slide 8 in the attached ppt).

I think this is a very promising idea.

Best regards,

Michael

PS I’m sorry to not be able to be in Japan for the face to face meetings. I’m afraid I will miss the T2TRG meeting also.