Re: [whatwg] main element parsing behaviour

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 13:25:14 +0100, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:

> Changing parsing each time also means that such changes can't be undone.

They can be undone if doing so doesn't break the Web.

> Look for example at <hgroup>. It's supported by parsing algorithm as
> implemented in browsers, so it will remain in spec forever even when
> it's not actually implemented. With such approach parsing algorithm will
> became boneyard of proposed but later thrown away elements over the time.

I think we shouldn't put the parsing algorithm on a pedestal while not
giving the same treatment to the default UA style sheet or other
requirements related to an element that have to be implemented.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software