[whatwg] RWD Heaven: if browsers reported device capabilities in a request header

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 18:55:50 -0000
On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 17:44:30 -0000, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
> Yes, indeed.  "Supports touch input on multiple spots at once" vs
> "supports only a mouse" seems like a much more important distinction
> than the nominal CSS pixel size of the screen....

I think CSS media queries could be extended to express multitouch
capabilities. I don't think that would be useful for documents, but it
could allow for per-device reimplementation of zoom and scroll. I'll leave
deciding whether that's a fair use case to others. But that still doesn't
warrant requesting different content.
--
-,Bjartur