[whatwg] RWD Heaven: if browsers reported device capabilities in a request header

From: Irakli Nadareishvili <irakli@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 13:55:26 -0500
Many thanks to everybody who has responded and for a lively and a productive discussion!

Quick clarification: the proposal is to include *device* capabilities in the HTTP headers, so when we say "screen width and height" we mean device screen width and height which is constant (but can have multiple values: for portrait and landscape).

There's no proposal or even need to capture user resizing a window and consequent change in viewport size. That is a completely different discussion.

Thank you

Irakli