[whatwg] RWD Heaven: if browsers reported device capabilities in a request header

On 2/6/12 1:55 PM, Bjartur Thorlacius wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 17:44:30 -0000, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
>> Yes, indeed. "Supports touch input on multiple spots at once" vs
>> "supports only a mouse" seems like a much more important distinction
>> than the nominal CSS pixel size of the screen....
>>
> I think CSS media queries could be extended to express multitouch
> capabilities. I don't think that would be useful for documents

Sure.  It would be useful for applications.

> But that still
> doesn't warrant requesting different content.

That really depends on what the application is doing.  Depending on
input capabilities, you may want to have multiple pages instead of a
single page for some sort of configuration setup, for example.

-Boris