Re: WebVR Working Group charter under W3C AC review

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 11:38 PM Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
wrote:

> Several active members of the group have actually expressed that intent;

I'm surprised that they didn't approach the group chairs, me and Chris
Van Wiemeersch, about that. If it was something the group was clamoring for
we'd be happy to discuss it, I just haven't seen the subject come up
outside of your communications.

If you don't mind sharing (publicly or privately), which members have been
asking to form a working group? I'd like to reach out to them and make sure
that I understand their position and ensure the direction of the community
group is taking it into account.

And speaking of working group chairs, I'm a bit confused as to why Anssi
Kostiainen is listed as the chair in your charter? I've got nothing against
Anssi, all of my interactions with him have been positive and I welcome his
contributions. But he also hasn't been one of the more active participants
in the spec creation. I'm not sure why the chairs of the community group
wouldn't implicitly be considered for the chairs of the working group
unless there was significant concerns about doing so.

In short: I'm concerned that your view of the community group's wishes
appears to deviate from the view I've had as a group chair. If that's a
failing on my part and I or Chris have somehow been overlooking an aspect
of the community that has been pushing to establish a working group I'd
like to take corrective action and ensure that we establish better
communication channels with them.

--Brandon