Re: What would you like to see in WebRTC next? A low-level API?

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 1:13 AM, Philipp Hancke <fippo@goodadvice.pages.de>
wrote:

> Am 24.01.2018 um 17:33 schrieb Peter Thatcher:
> [...]
>
>> We (Chrome WebRTC implementors) get a pretty continuous stream of feedback
>> from web app developers.  And some of us (myself included) are working on
>> both WebRTC implementations and web apps.  I started this thread trying to
>> distill down a summary of what we're hearing from web app developers most
>> often: they want more direct, low-level control.
>>

> This doesn't match my perception of discuss-webrtc, stackoverflow or a
> bunch of github repositories. Nor what I saw here:
>     https://twitter.com/ChromiumDev/status/933022156711067649

Those sources give part of the picture, but miss the major RTC-focused
developers, who want more control (both in terms of APIs and application
deployment) and the ability to differentiate.

At this point in time, the vast majority of WebRTC usage comes from
RTC-focused developers, so it makes sense to consider how we might better
support them.