Re: What would you like to see in WebRTC next? A low-level API?

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 13:26:20 +0100
To: Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>
Cc: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 24 January 2018 at 07:57, Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com> wrote:
> Yes, we know. I think that most productive path forward would be to support
> proposals that you like, rather than continually grinding axes.

Sure:

1) Move to ORTC.

2) Make it better. Specially, allow more granular control on how
RTCRtpParameters are dynamically given to the RTCRtpSender (so instead
of passing a full JSON "blob" that must be fully re-inspected each
time, let's just modify a specific subset of fields in those
parameters).

3) Once we have such a low level API done, adding cool stuff such as
QUIC over DataChannel or RTP over QUIC would become feasible.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>