Re: Simulcast V1

On 8/14/15 12:39 PM, Bernard Aboba wrote:
> On Aug 14, 2015, at 09:03, Byron Campen <docfaraday@gmail.com> wrote:
>> any object-oriented simulcast API would need support for draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast
> [BA] Wrong.
>
> Support for the multiplexing modes seen in practice (e.g. Separate SSRCs for each received stream) cannot be accomplished via this draft, but object approaches handle this so the draft has no value for poor man's simulcast in the simple case, and no utility for complex cases either.
    It is true that the simulcast draft does not help you signal
simulcast in this completely different way. Has someone written some
spec on this alternate approach, or engaged with the authors of the
simulcast draft? Don't get me wrong, both approaches seem reasonable to
me (at least at first blush, although having the thumbnail video be a
different synchronization source seems odd), but only one of them seems
to have been written down in a draft standard somewhere.

Best regards,
Byron Campen