Re: Simulcast V1

The MMUSIC draft only attempts to describe payload multiplexing which eats so many payload types it is not viable even for a WG virtual meeting.
Describing SSRC multiplexing (what is actually widely deployed) requires a different approach, along the lines of what Chrome has implemented for SDP, or what is done in ORTC API with RtpEncodingParameters.

However, it is quite possible to handle simple cases (single stream received by the browser) such as what Adam has described with no additional SDP in the API. This actually works much better in terms of payload consumption than what is in the draft.