Re: Add "MediaStream with worker" for video processing into the new working items of WebRTC WG

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 6:59 AM, Kostiainen, Anssi <
anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> > On 27 Jul 2015, at 12:25, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com> wrote:
> >
> > Chia-Hung,
> >
> > I do not support adding this item to the work of the WebRTC WG. The WG
> > has an enormous amount to do already and this is largely orthogonal to
> the
> > major thrust of our efforts, which is to enable real-time applications
> (e.g.,
> > video conferencing.)
> >
> > It's a particularly bad idea to form a task force for this. While perhaps
> > necessary at the time for the specific case of getUserMedia, it has been
> > a real hassle to have fragmented discussion of WebRTC-related topics.
>
> All - any concerns with the following proposal?
>
> * Reuse the existing Media Capture Task Force (joint activity of the
> Device API WG and WebRTC WG) for mediacapture-worker [1] initially. The
> proposal was introduced to the TF already by CTai, and I don't recall
> hearing any concerns on adding it to the TF.

The same concerns I have about adding it to the WebRTC WG apply to
adding it ot the TF. It's the same people.

* When the Timed Media Working Group has launched, consider migrating [1]
> there. AC review of that WG's Charter is ongoing [5], so I'd expect launch
> by TPAC if things go very smoothly.

TPAC is now very soon. Why not simply form a mailing list and wait.

-Ekr