Re: IDP protcols

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 19:09:01 -0700
To: "Cullen Jennings (fluffy)" <fluffy@cisco.com>
Cc: public-webrtc <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 18 May 2014 10:05, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) <fluffy@cisco.com> wrote:
> Do we need a way to find out which ones the browsers supports and a way to provide a pointer to the definitions of any ?

Yeah, I was thinking about this, because the (still preffed off)
feature in Firefox implements a version of the protocol that doesn't
include the conclusions from the last meeting.  That won't be an issue
now, but when we discover the next screw-up, it might not be the case
that we can add parameters, which would be backwardly compatible.  The
best approach - I think - is to move the message channel port that we
use to a new name.  The old protocol can still operate at the old port
can run the old protocol.  The new port can run the new one.