Re: Firefox automatically provides local ICE candidates (it does not fire onicecandidate)

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 09:33:03 -0700
To: Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>
Cc: Alex Gouaillard <alex.gouaillard@temasys.com.sg>, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>, IƱaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 8 May 2014 23:36, Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com> wrote:
> I don't think an event is supposed to be fired for "new". That is the
> initial state.

One might also argue that close(), having been invoked by the
application, does not need an event either.  But I think that for the
purposes of consistency, the model should be that all state
transitions generate an event.  In the case of new, that transition
occurs in the constructor, prior to returning a reference to the
object, so there is no way for that change to be observed by an
application.