Re: DataChannel: how to know the max size of the sending buffer?

On 7 May 2014, at 17:47, Iņaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net> wrote:

> The point here is not about reliability but about message-boundary. In
> TCP you must really close the socket is data is lost. That is not true
> (not for all the use-cases) in DataChannel since you always receive a
> complete message (may be you have lost some messages or they are not
> ordered, but what you receive is always a full message).

Ok, so this is unreliabledc.send(myBigBlob);
where myBigBlob is probably bigger than the buffer on my IoT device?

That is knowable. This end knows how much buffer the far end said it still had free.
Throwing an error is reasonable. If the channel is reliable closing the channel is
the right thing to do. If it its partial unordered , then the channel should survive.

Sounds like chrome does the correct thing, but the doc only covers the reliable case.

T.