Re: pc.localDescription sync/async issue

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 12:28:22 -0800
To: Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 12 December 2014 at 11:24, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com> wrote:
> "The localDescription attribute MUST return the RTCSessionDescription that
> was most recently passed to setLocalDescription(), plus any local candidates
> that have been generated by the ICE Agent since then."

Maybe it would be better if:

"The localDescription attribute includes the last
RTCSessionDescription that was successfully set using
setLocalDescription(), which is modified to include any local
candidates that have been generated by the ICE agent since then."

As written, the text implies that you can do this:

> pc.setLocalDescription(new RTCSessionDescription({ type: "turkey", sdp: "sandwich" }))
> pc.localDescription.sdp === "sandwich"

Which is somewhat absurd.

The above change should match what I think the common understanding is
(and then Jan-Ivar can look at fixing the type thing with some
confidence it is moving in the right direction).