Re: Reducing normative dependencies

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 17:21:53 +0100
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
On 12/05/2014 06:54 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 5 December 2014 at 06:33, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
>> The last point actually indicates that we would WANT to have a normative
>> dependency from PC to stats - I remember Cullen arguing this point in
>> our Washington interim meeting.
> I don't find this use case particularly compelling.  An informative
> reference would be enough to address the discovery issue.
I agree for the discovery case.

>From a W3C-process standpoint, an informative reference from PC to Stats
is the easiest to manage.

For the case of other specs (inside or outside the W3C) choosing what
they have normative references to when (if) they say "as part of
conforming to this spec, you have to implement WebRTC", I'm unsure.

I'd like to hear what others think.

Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.