Re: Why people munge SDP

From: <piranna@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 11:12:56 +0200
To: Rob Manson <roBman@mob-labs.com>
Cc: public-webrtc <public-webrtc@w3.org>
> Locally the size is not an issue. And if you're sending it over the wire
> then you can just send json diffs...and then just apply them on each side.
> This makes what goes over the wire considerably smaller than SDP and it's
> then easily manipulated via js.

Obviously, local size is not a problem. My problem is transmiting the
first SDP string since for optimization and transport layer purposses
I would like to send a full SDP in just on ethernet package. Luckily
I'm only using DataChannels (no audio or video), so SDPs are small
enough... :-)

> BTW: I think the output sdp needs to be identical to the input (excluding
> the munged/changed bits of course).

Absolutly, they should change nor loose information...

Unix."
 Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux