Re: RTCError, DOMError, and... what happened?

On 10/11/13 00:09, Harald Alvestrand wrote:

> FWIW, the 2004 (!) version of DOMError contains the "message" field:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/core.html#ERROR-Interfaces-DOMError

Apparently, I don't understand how any of this works. What I found was
this less-than-a-year-old document, which defines an unusably minimal
DOMError:

http://www.w3.org/TR/dom/#interface-domerror

In any case, if we're using objects defined elsewhere as a critical part
of this spec, can we put a clear documentation citation in here please?
It's very difficult to take a stab at implementing a sensible error
reporting scheme when our spec obliquely says "use DOMError," which can
apparently mean (at least!) three very different things.

/a