Re: DOM Futures

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:34:53 +0200
To: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Cc: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
* cowwoc wrote:
> 3. Revisiting DOM Futures in light of the fact that the API has been
>    officially frozen since our last meeting:
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2013Jun/0075.html

Tab Atkins told people "The spec is done." already back in mid-april,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2013AprJun/0146
and much has changed since. Considering that the W3C has not published
any draft at all with the proposed API, you would have to assume that
the whole W3C process consists of nothing but rubberstamping and typo
correction in order to consider it "officially frozen". That might be
unwise.