Re: DOM Futures

From: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 15:46:22 -0400
To: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
CC: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 13/07/2013 2:51 PM, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> I agree to that,
>
> but for everyone in the meeting I think it was very clear that people
> were not convinced that we should switch to Future's (aren't they called
> "Promises" now BTW?) for the "Media Capture and Streams" document or for
> the WebRTC 1.0 document.
>
> Dom, representing W3C Staff, would you agree to the above?
>
> Stefan
Stefan,

 1. I don't understand why you plan on releasing the Capture API at a
    different time from the core WebRTC API. To me, the design decisions
    in one affect the other, and as such all related APIs should be
    released at the same time.
 2. There seems to be a misunderstanding. I was talking about the use of
    DOM Futures in the Core API, not the Capture API (though obviously
    the latter would also gain from using it). I see no indication that
    the Core API will be released in the near future, hence many of the
    arguments against the use of DOM Futures for the Capture API do not
    hold for the Core API.

Gili