Re: [SPAM] RE: VS: Teleco Integrators vs Web Developers vs Browser Implementers

From: Philipp Hancke <fippo@goodadvice.pages.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 10:46:56 +0200 (CEST)
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
On Sat, 6 Jul 2013, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> I think this is very true. The DataChannel will in fact be the one thing that will bring more innovation than anything
> else and treating it as second class can only hurt our progress. The idea of thinking DataChannel first before making

Innovation? Have you ever heard of Adobes RTMFP?
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/max-2008-develop/future-of-communication-with-rtmfp-by-matthew-kaufman/
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/max-2009-develop/p2p-on-the-flash-platform-with-rtmfp/
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/max-2011-develop/advanced-p2p-with-rtmfp-tips-and-tricks/
Note how old those slides are... and how advanced concepts like the
netgroup are.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thornburgh-adobe-rtmfp-09 even specifies
the wire protocol. IIRC it has audio/video and data at equal rank even.

That "innovation" has been available for years, yet nobody really used it.