Re: VS: Teleco Integrators vs Web Developers vs Browser Implementers

On 2013-07-05 20:48, cowwoc wrote:
> On 05/07/2013 12:59 PM, Martin Steinmann wrote:
>> I am also sad to see that this group seems to have deteriorated into a
>> debate club after the WebRTC conference in Atlanta, after very
>> promising progress had been made until then.  Please get back on track.
>> --martin
>>

>      I agree, and (sorry to say) I think that the specification editors
> have to bare the brunt of the blame.
>
>      We put out some good discussion points and haven't received a
> single reply from them over the past 2 weeks. Why? They could have used
> the momentum to drive a constructive discussion.
>
>      Debating is useless unless it results in actionable items. We're
> going to be hard-pressed to produce anything actionable without the spec
> leads engaging the community.
>
> Gili

I wish that I, as a spec editor, could edit the spec after my own
preferences; the spec would have looked a lot different and we would
have been done by now. ;) (stolen quote) But the editors team's task is
to edit the document after group consensus; which isn't always easy when
we can't reach consensus on stuff.

Personally I think the fact that we're not progressing and the way the
API has been received, by the people who are intended to use it, clearly
indicates that we're not doing it right. Less dependence on decisions
from other groups and requirements coming from the top, instead of from
what happens between UAs on the network, would also make our lives
easier IMO.

I'm looking forward to see the API proposal and I'll be happy to comment
on it.

/Adam