Re: VS: Teleco Integrators vs Web Developers vs Browser Implementers

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 01:37:34 +0200
To: Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>, Robin Raymond <robin@hookflash.com>, Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>, Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>, "piranna@gmail.com" <piranna@gmail.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
2013/7/3 Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>:
> The question we're trying to answer is:
>
> How do peers agree on the set of data sources to be exchanged, send them to
> each other via a browser, and understand how to associate the received flows
> with application behaviour?

Hi Ted, I replied to this in my mails yesterday:

Instead of passing SDP between JS and WebRC stack, use a real JS
Object based API.
Instead of sending an opaque SDP blob in-the-wire send the media info
in any custom format designed by the website developer. Anyone is fine
if the receiver JS can de-serialize/decode/parse it, construct the
requires JS Object(s) with it, and pass it to the WebRTC stack via a
JS API.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>