Re: Future F2F meetings?

On Dec 20, 2013, at 10:18 AM, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com> wrote:

> Why?
>
> Because Fridays of IETF week are less useful. Because everyone is grumpy and frazzled and operating at a diminished mental capacity. Because nothing useful happens when people are in that state of body and mind. It's the elephant in the room; while we don't acknowledge it much anymore, experienced chairs know that it means to have a meeting at the end of IETF week.
>
> And then we want to stand up and choose exactly that suboptimal time to schedule a meeting? There's no better way to bias for failure.

I will be pretty much brain dead by the friday of IETF. The few weeks before IETF I find very busy with IETF work. I don't expect to be very useful on the Saturday. I prefer not to spend two weekends in a row away from home (and I have to be at the IETF for meeting the previous weekend). If we have the meeting, I will probably come but my preference would be some other time.