Re: Next telco webrtc

Jim,

I almost agree :)  We need both the detailed minutes and the summary.

Just as there are meetings where no decisions occur, I have been in too many meetings where valid points were brought up but then lost because only a summary of decisions was recorded, resulting in a huge amount of re-discussion of the same points.  This is particularly important for contested or novel topics.

Much of the problem is an uncontrolled speaking queue.  The W3C "track-everything" minuting style only works when you don't have people trying to talk over each other.

-- dan