W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webrtc-editors@w3.org > July 2015

Re: Mistake (mine) when doing priority API PR management

From: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:20:05 -0700
Message-ID: <CAJrXDUG7x=m1ftnWFxwfqVyB9-sn7aGt2XQeX+4=i17ULsHSgg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: WebRTC-Editors <webrtc-editors@alvestrand.no>, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
​FYI, I had a PR the same day (last Friday):

https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/pull/259

And I posted it to the list.  I just messed up the link I posted to the
list :).  That has been fixed now.​

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 2:04 AM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in conversation with Cullen and Peter in Prague, it turns out I made a
> stupid mistake when picking PRs to merge over the priority API.
>
> The criterion I used to pick was the list consensus that people wanted a
> "modify all settings" API, not a "change this attribute" API to the
> RTPsender. This part was OK.
>
> But I completely missed the fact that  Cullen's PR contained all the
> text that defined our four levels of priority and what they should mean
> (including an enum for them), and that Peter's PR contained a simple
> integer - which is *not* consistent with previous discussions.
>
> Peter promised at the Friday get-together Dan and I had with him to put
> togheter a PR that would make the Right THing happen.
>
> Mea culpa.
>
> Harald
>
> --
> Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.
>
>
Received on Thursday, 30 July 2015 20:34:36 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:19:02 UTC