From: PhistucK <phistuck@gmail.com<mailto:phistuck@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, January 27, 2014 at 12:14 AM
To: Eliot Graff <Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com<mailto:Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com>>
Cc: Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com<mailto:maxpolk@gmail.com>>, Eliezer Bernart <eliezer.bernart@gmail.com<mailto:eliezer.bernart@gmail.com>>, julee <jburdeki@adobe.com<mailto:jburdeki@adobe.com>>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org<mailto:schepers@w3.org>>, Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org<mailto:renoir@w3.org>>, WebPlatform Public List <public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Attribution to MSDN on JavaScript pages

I second Eliot. Thank you very much!

☆PhistucK

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:13 AM, Eliot Graff <Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com<mailto:Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com>> wrote:
Hi Max & Phistuck.

This is really great. I totally appreciate all of your effort. Two questions:

Can this be done _after_ the pages are created and people start using them?
If not, how long do you think this will take?

My thoughts are that it’s adequate for people to use the content and—if necessary to see the source—navigate the TOC on MSDN. If it will take weeks longer to directly attribute the content, I’d vote for getting the content out there with the top-level reference. Also, if it will take an exorbitant amount of your time, I’d say you’ve done enough already. On the other hand, if this is something you can take care of in a little bit of time and you feel generous enough to donate that, it would be helpful.

Theoretically, this could also be done by hand, by WPW volunteers who are verifying the accuracy of the migration.

Hope this helps,

Eliot