Re: Compatibility Notes

From: Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 12:22:39 -0500
To: PhistucK <phistuck@gmail.com>
CC: List WebPlatform public <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Hi,

I just realized that nobody replied to this yet, sorry about the delay.

On 2014-11-30 3:46 AM, PhistucK wrote:
> Following a bug fix (required arguments were optional) in Chrome, I wanted
> to add a compatibility note to
> https://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/dom/Document/createCDATASection, but I
> cannot find any "Compatibility notes" section in the form anymore.
> Is that intentional?

Compatibility notes is like a bucket where we put things we aren’t sure
where to sort.

Eventually we might have more efficient to show compat data and its
progress over time.

> If so, where is the appropriate place for such notes from now on?
>
> ☆*PhistucK*

Maybe we should re-think how we organize that particular information.

In the end, those notes are "todays’s recipe" of something that will
eventually be outdated practice.

Remember how long the clearfix div we were adding when we should use
`overflow:hidden` on float parent.

I have a suggestion.

How about we use the "Notes section" at the "Usage (optional)" and
reframe it to link to a tutorial.

--
Renoir Boulanger    http://www.w3.org/People/#renoirb
@renoirb                 https://renoirboulanger.com/