double-check

From: Dave Gash <dave@davegash.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 10:43:34 -0800
To: <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Cc: "Eliot Graff" <eliot.graff@microsoft.com>, "Doug Schepers \(w3c\)" <schepers@w3.org>
Hi all,

I'm working through the remaining large batch of Almost Ready pages, trying to promote as many as possible to Ready, and have a question. See this search results page.

I'm down to the filesystem group, some 60+ pages, and they all seem to be obsolete. They reference this 2014 W3C spec, which says "Work on this document is discontinued..."; that discontinued status is also supported by various MDN specs like this one and this one, which say "This feature is non-standard and is not on a standards track..." There is even an old W3C spec from 2012 that references the 2014 "discontinued" document as the latest published version.

Based on those specs, I've been marking the pages "Not Ready" and including "Non-standard; deletion candidate" in the editorial notes, along with the discontinued spec references. But I'm a bit uneasy about invalidating that many pages at once, and want to make sure I'm reading the specs correctly and taking the right action.

List-ers, do you agree that the W3C specs indicate that the whole filesystem page group is kaputski?

Thanks,

Dave Gash