Re: Test wiki cache problem

From: Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 00:06:54 -0500
To: Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
CC: Webplatform List <public-webplatform@w3.org>
On 11/20/2013 11:47 PM, Renoir Boulanger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I deployed on http://test.webplatform.org a new Fastly cache configuration that should not cache results from POST.
>
> What we need now is a way to test the request.
>
> @Max; Can you provide a few commands, I never tried cURL-ing MediaWiki and I'd like to test myself.
>
> Command:
>      curl -d "{lgname:'USERNAME',lgpassword:'PASSWORD'}" -X POST -c ~/Desktop/cookie.txt "http://test.webplatform.org/w/api.php?action=login&format=txt"
>
> If you are wondering, this setup replicates the 'docs.webplatform.org' configuration but with other details such as what is missing in Varnish config and a custom 500 error page.
>
> My current time-zone is EST, it is almost midnight here. If you give me some commands you would do, I could ensure it is working properly myself.
>
> Regards
>
> Renoir
> ~

I noticed every time it fails on POST I get headers in the response with
what looks like a cache hit:

POST to http://docs.webplatform.org/t/api.php

Grab the bash script I just wrote at:

     http://pastebin.com/w1zmJMUH

And change three things at the top:
export WIKI_USERNAME='ZZZ'
export WIKI_PASSWORD='ZZZ'
export WIKI_API='http://test.webplatform.org/t/api.php'

When I change the WIKI_API to docs.webplatform.org, it fails.  When I
use test.webplatform.org it seems to work fine now.  Try it out! :-)