Re: Email to Doc Sprint registrants

Thanks, Peter and DougM!

DougM: I fixed the typo in the first paragraph. While I appreciate your
position regarding the expansive role potential community members have to
play, this email is about real work that has been done and that we need
people to do to get to beta. So, I'd rather not expand what we're asking for
at this time. Let the reader dreamŠ ;-)

Here's the updated version with fixes you suggested:

Hello from WebPlatform.org!

We are emailing you because you registered for a WebPlatform.org Doc Sprint.
We thought you'd like to know some of our activities. Also, we would like
you to circle back around to WebPlatform.org. Please help a bit and give us
feedback about your experience this time around. If you don't want to
receive emails, please email julee@adobe.com <mailto:julee@adobe.com>  and
I'll remove you from this list.

We have been working to improve the experience for folks like you, who want
to contribute content and code or otherwise participate. We have a long way
to go, but we've accomplished a few key things:

Getting started experience

Based on surveys and 1-1 feedback, we've updated the Getting Started
experience (http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Getting_Started
<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Getting_Started> ) and the Editorial
Guide (http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Editors_Guide
<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Editors_Guide> ). Give them a whirl
and let us know
<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Editors_Guide/step_2_communicate_with_
the_online_community>  (on the IRC or the public list) what you think.

code.webplatform.org

At http://code.webplatform.org <http://code.webplatform.org/> , we've
installed a playground! You can sketch a code idea, test a sample, and then
share your code. Right now, you share it by adding the key snippet to the
article page and also linking to the example on code.webplatform.org (for
example, see http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/box-shadow
<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/box-shadow> ). In the next
round, your examples can be embedded directly in the article.

project.webplatform.org

We have just installed a new projects space, http://project.webplatform.org
<http://project.webplatform.org/> . Besides filing issues and enhancements
there, you can:

* have your own dashboard showing what's on your plate

* assign yourself tasks for the next time you stop by

* get a bird's eye view of any project area

Again, we're in Alpha here, so a lot of patience and feedback is much
appreciated.

More Doc Sprints coming

More Doc Sprints are coming all of the time. If you're in San Francisco next
week, please sign up for the upcoming SF doc sprint
<http://www.sfhtml5.org/events/109202662/>  at Google. We have a wait list,
but we're expecting quite a few spots to open.

Join the drive toward Beta and give feedback

We would like to move quickly to declare Beta. But that depends on the help
we get. So please help. If you're available to edit CSS properties pages,
contribute examples, help with the MediaWiki LAMP infrastructure, or just
want to hit some of the low-hanging fruit on the Getting Started page
<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Getting_Started> , please do! And let
us know
<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Editors_Guide/step_2_communicate_with_
the_online_community>  what you think overall about your experience.

Looking forward to documenting the web with you all!

The busy folks at WebPlatform.org.

(And again, if you don't want to receive emails, please email