Re: User-definable custom lists of pages (based on preferred topics, flags and more)

Hi Doug,
Yes, were on the right track...

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Doug May <intuedge@gmail.com> wrote:

> The quick answer about stuff dropping off the list when issues are
> cleared depends on how the issues get cleared.  If something has been
> worked on, and we want someone else to look at it before we call it
> done, then something needs to happen in the status information or
> flags to signal that it is ready for that, and then that that is done.

Right. we need a flag, "Needs review."

When all of the other flags get cleared the article moves into the list,
"Articles needing review."

>  It is probably fine or even good for it to drop off of the "waiting
> for someone to start working on me" list as soon as someone posts an
> update (or upon checkout), but it shouldn't disappear from the "not
> yet called done" list without a separate step.  Perhaps this falls
> under the current conversations on the definition of done, but
> whatever flags and queries we use, that's what we want from the
> system.
>
> I thought we already had priority information in the spreadsheet, so
> we just need to connect the dots.  At the least, we have some textual
> statements regarding priority, that could be applied as a-priori
> updates to missing or incomplete items, and then we should have a way
> to bump stuff up or down after that.
>
> DougM

It would be nice to get away from using Google spreadsheets (much as I love
'em). In any event, the process of assigning priority is going to be manual
and messy.