Re: Problems with new folks posting to this list

Hi, Julee, Tobie-

For people who have never posted to a W3C list before, there is an
additional step after they authorize their email [1]: a W3C Team member
must approve them. This step cuts down on spam, but it does mean that
sometimes a message site in the queue for a couple of days, unless one
of the Team catches it immediately (there is no notification to list
maintainers, again because of spam).

It is nice that we don't have much spam on this list, but I also
recognize the barrier to entry for new contributors. I wonder if perhaps
we can tell people to contact me directly to authorize them if there is
a delay in their posts? Where would be the appropriate place to do that?

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/aa/

Regards-
-Doug