CSS properties

I have some questions and comments:

Where is it most useful for me to make certain content specific comments?

It appears that certain browsers have browser specific coding (-o, -moz,
-webkit).  I am clear that these are therefore not standard, but some
mention of variants, where they apply, and how to use them might be
appropriate.  I only got this because I had access to Mr. Mills - I am sure
he is not the only keeper of this information - but it might help the
budding developer if there were some readily accessible explanation of the
compatibility tables and what they mean.   The little -o in a red box does
not give enough information.  If it were a link that indicated how to use it
(likewise for -webkit or -moz), or if there were a link with the table to a
guide to these table designations, it would be useful.

This is more about measurement than length, but do we (or should we) address
situations in which our designations seem to be ignored?  I have a
border-image that renders as I think I coded it in Chrome and Firefox.  The
-o version seems to ignore my border image width designation.   I don’t
know if this is an Opera bug or something that can or should be addressed
here.

Also, since Internet Explorer has no support for border-image, it would be
useful in a usage guide to indicate how a border would be accomplished for
that browser.

David R. Herz